When calling a legal office, it is rarely possible to speak directly with an attorney and there are often delays in obtaining appointments. For most individuals, attorneys are only consulted when a major event occurs. General, legal advice and preventive consultation are not widely available. With Legal Assist, employees can obtain qualified legal support before their issues become performance obstacles.
- Unlimited Access: Covered employees can contact the legal service for as many different legal issues as needed.
- National Coverage: Legal services are available in each of the United States and Canadian provinces. We will only refer employees to attorneys who have expertise in the caller’s home state or province.
- Free Telephonic Advise and local Referral Services: Two flexible services are offered to meet the employee’s legal needs. The Telephonic Advice Attorney service offers U.S. employees immediate, free telephonic legal advice. The In-Person Attorney Referral service provides U.S. and Canadian employees with in-person legal consultation.
- Discounts on Legal Services: For employees requiring on-going legal services, HRI’s In-Person Attorneys offer a 25% discount to U.S. and Canadian employees for most legal services.
- Quality Attorney Network: Distinct attorney networks are maintained for both the Telephonic Advice Attorneys and the In-Person Attorney Referral services.
- Online Educational Resources: A private and secure legal services website compliments our telephonic and in-person service by providing online access to a wealth of educational resources, links, and tools. The site contains legal documents, such as living wills and simple contracts: a library of legal and financial information; access to state agencies to obtain birth certificates and other records; links to other legal resources; a glossary of terms and more. These convenient resources provide employees and their family members with the information required to make wise legal decisions, 24 hours per day, seven days per week.